Owning a printer comes with a bundle of advantages. Most of the latest printers come equipped with high-quality graphics that offer excellent images and also connect to the cloud. Having your own printer device gives you the ease and convenience of printing your documents anytime, anywhere. Know more about the advantages of owning a printer here.
While we all wish to own an HP printer, most of us struggle to set it up without adequate support. But fret not! We’ll assist you with setup help, installation setup, driver download, and troubleshooting for all models of HP printers across all platforms including Windows, Mac, and Smartphone. Our complete 123.hp.com set-up guide is all you need to setup your printer like a pro.
9 Steps to Setup Your HP Printer from The Scratch
- Unbox your HP printer.
- Remove all tapes, both from the outside and inside of the box to ensure no hindrance or blockage while printing.
- Plug in your printer’s power cord and switch the power button on. You’ll notice a blinking light on your printer.
- Select your preferred language, date, region, etc. on your printer’s screen.
- Insert cartridge ink inside the cartridge door after taking the ink cartridge out of the box.
- As a beginner, you can take the help of the printer manual for inserting your ink cartridge.
- You will notice a message on the screen after closing the lid or the door.
- Insert A4 size printing sheets in the input tray.
- Your printer will now align ink cartridges and sheets and ask for a connection. Let’s discuss the step in depth.
HP Printer Connection
A printer connection can be established via three means:
- USB Printing Setup
- Ethernet Connection
- Wireless Network Setup
Let’s discuss the steps to setting up a connection via each of these means.
USB Cable Connection Setup of HP Printer
- Take out the USB cable ports from the box.
- Insert one port of the USB cable into your printer and another one into your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the HP printer driver software.
Connection Setup of HP Printer Using Ethernet
- Ensure to have an Ethernet cable.
- Choose the ‘wired network or Ethernet option’ while selecting the connection type at the time of installation.
- Utilize a network router or a switch or hub with available Ethernet ports in case the router is missing.
- Connect Ethernet ports with the router and printer to establish a connection.
Connection Setup of HP Printer Using Wireless Connection
- Press the ‘wireless’ button on your printer. This will turn on the blue light.
- Next, select ‘wireless setup wizard’ and select ‘yes’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to allow the printer to detect the available router networks.
- Select your router from the list and enter the password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to establish a wireless connection.
To enable printing, it is also crucial to have drivers and software on your computer. Let’s move on to this crucial step.
HP Printer Driver Installation
All printers come with an installation CD, comprising a printer software driver. However, you may also download and install the software driver on your own. The process is mostly the same for both display and without-display printer devices. Follow the below-listed steps to get started.
- Switch your computer and printer on.
- Ensure that they are both connected to the same wireless network.
- Open your preferred browser on your system.
- Enter your printer name and model number mentioned on the right side of your printer.
- Click on the download button. Double-click to open it once downloaded.
- Allow the ‘easy start utility’ to make changes to your system by clicking yes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
HP Printer Driver Download for Windows
- Connect both windows device and printer to an active network.
- Open the manufacturer’s official website on your computer.
- Navigate to 123.hp.com/setup to obtain a direct link to the driver download page.
- Click on the download option, after choosing the correct printer driver.
- Begin the installation process after the HP driver is downloaded on your windows.
HP Printer Driver Download for Mac
- Open the manufacturer’s site and type the model number of your printer after establishing a network connection for the printer and the MAC device.
- When the screen displays the available printer drivers for MAC, pick the compatible driver and start the download using 123.hp.com/setup.
- Initiate the installation wizard after the driver download is complete.
Enjoy printing your documents!
Should you have any doubts or questions, or require further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us at our Toll-Free number_.